Project Check List
While flooring is our specialty at Junge's Flooring, it might not be yours...and that's OK! Our experts are ready to help, and we hope this handy project checklist will help you stay on track while tackling each and every step of your next home improvement project.
Undertaking any home improvement project requires hard work, careful planning, and an understanding of the process ahead. At Junge's Flooring , we do everything we can to help each customer plan accordingly. You should start by coming up with a checklist and adhering to it throughout the course of your project. It can help to split your checklist into three stages: pre-project, during project, and post-project.
- Remove furniture from workspace.
- Empty closets and pantries if needed.
- Remove oven, fridge, and dishwasher if working in kitchen.
- Remove all items from countertops.
- Remove toilet if working in bathroom.
- Draw blinds or lift or remove window treatments.
- If installing hardwood, laminate, or luxury vinyl flooring, prepare an area for acclimation. These flooring types need time to adjust to the humidity levels in your home before they can be installed.
- Plan to be home during the installation and communicate with the team as needed.
- Address baseboards and doors (your installers will know what to do about these).
- Ask any questions while the team is onsite.
- Wait 24 hours before walking on your flooring.
- Wait 48 hours before returning furniture.
- Place felt pads on the legs of all furniture.
- Wait one week before placing rugs on your new flooring.
- Keep your flooring completely dry for at least one week.
Last but not least, it's important to be prepared for the unexpected. It's a good idea to purchase extra product in case some becomes damaged. You'll also want to prepare for any subfloor issues before your installation.
Get a consultation
Schedule an appointment with Junge's Flooring.
Whether you're looking to add flooring or redesign a space, we're here to help.
"*" indicates required fields